Thursday 18 July 2013

Memories...

Good afternoon darlings....

Today I feel like blogging.
The sun is out.
I am on my balcony.
I have a large, strong coffee.
Perfecto situation for blogging.

SO..

Today I am going to chat about a major loss we had in our family recently.
It has taken me until now to be able to talk about it as I tend to hold alot of my feelings deep inside. However I have learned that the more you talk about things the easier it gets and the hurt begins to turn into happiness.

My Granda sadly passed away on the 19th of June. 
I can not believe it has been a month already.

I have many, many beautiful memories with him and I would like to share them with you all...

When I was younger I spent lots of weekends and summers at my grandparents caravan where I have collected lots of amazing childhood memories.

Including roller blading, long drives, trips to the army base, ice cream, the hippy camp and lots of exciting adventures.

One that stands out is the long walks My Granda and I would go on with his dog Lucky.

The day started with Granda making our breakfast. It consisted of rice krispies with lots of sugar on top which was a massive treat as Kazzamama would never allow the sugar part.

He would teach me how to talk to the birds but for some reason they would only talk back to him. I remember thinking how magical he was.

We would make our way through the woods to the rocky beach and then the hunt for crabs began. I was not too keen on this part of our walk as like many people know My Granda was a prankster. 

Prankster + Crabs = not a great combination.

My favourite part of our walk was getting to the end of the beach and finding the large rock painted as a mermaid.

We would then make our way back to My Gran who would have some macaroni cheese waiting on us.

I am super glad I have these fabulous memories of My Granda and that I was able to go to some of the most beautiful places in the world with him.

His death was very sudden.
Nothing prepares you for the death of a loved one.
Especially when you have never experienced this sort of pain or loss before.

Talking about it now I feel I can finally accept I will not see him again but part of him will never leave me.

It is safe to say blogging definitely helps relieve your stress and heart ache and turn it into a positive.

Since My Grandas death I feel I have been a different person.
I have been extremely down, emotional and negative, which many of you will know is not in my nature.

After typing this I feel I have released many horrible emotions I had weighing me down.

Today is a new day.
A positive day.
A happy day.







GOODBYE GRANDPA
ALEX McKENZIE
22/12/35 - 19/06/13
Love you always.

"I like to walk with Grandpa, his steps are short like mine. He doesn’t say, “Now hurry up.” He always takes his time. I like to walk with Grandpa, his eyes see things like mine; a birdie bright, a funny cloud, a penny that really shines. Most people are in a hurry, they do not stop and see; I’m glad that God made Grandpa unrushed, and almost as young as me."

LIVE
LAUGH
LOVE

XO


No comments:

Post a Comment