Sunday 30 October 2011

Degree Show 2011 - Jayne Black

I would like to fill you in on my past experience before I begin present and future. 


So next up is my work from my final year at GSA.
Again I used my baby sib.







Who is Jayne Black?
Jayne Black is my muse. By looking closely at details around her home including her extravagant collection of jewellery I aimed to capture her colourful style and personality through her unique and natural design ability as way of expressing herself.


Technique:
My collection includes a range of experimental pieces of knit. Uncoventional use of materials such as pvc tubing to distort the fabric silhouette. Experimenting with proportions of block colour and 3D placement create a bold statement.


Type of fabric:
Lycra crontrastedwith 4ply cotton and merino wool combined with pvc tubing and snap bands.
These pieces are designed for one off high fashion pieces for womanswear and aimed towards someone with an extravagant personality who displays a unique interpretation of interesting designer pieces such as Jayne Black.












Photographer - Colleen Macleod
Model - Emily Barker







































GOOD BYE GSA.

No comments:

Post a Comment